The Southside Bistro is a busy Bistro in the centre of Griffith providing quality produce from pub classics to fresh and seasonal specials to our member and guests at high volumes.
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced, passionate and highly driven Head Chef or ambitious Sous Chef to drive our kitchen and continue to produce quality pub meals for both members and visitors alike.
Wages will be based on the Registered & Licensed Club Award as well as your experience, skills and knowledge.
Skills and Experience
- Hold relevant trade cooking qualifications as a Head Chef or Sous Chef and have experience in a fast-paced kitchen.
- Support the day-to-day control of food productions, ordering, rosters, stocktake and control food and labour costs
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and confident in managing a large team of employees
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Flair for presentation- ability to put forward innovative and creative food ideas for our seasonal menu and weekly specials.
- Focused on delivering the best experience for all of our patrons, both members and visitors alike.
- Work collaboratively with the food and beverage team and contribute to building and leading a positive and harmonious working environment.
- Have a strong focus on hygiene, quality and safety and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Flexible and able to work a range of shifts across days, evenings and weekends. Essential Requirements.
- Outstanding time management skills, multitasking abilities and excellent communication skills by phone, email and face to face are a must.
- Have previous experience working in a similar role within the hospitality Industry
- Excellent attention to detail, effective budget management and planning skills
- Experience with menu design, costing and an interest in changing food trends
- Must be able to work evenings/weekends
Please apply by sending your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or online using our online portal via our website; https://griffithleagues.com.au/about-us/jobs/
About Griffith Leagues ClubThe Griffith Leagues Club is a club like no other, loved by locals and visitors alike. The Club offers an extensive range of delicious meals in the Club's Bistro, refreshing cocktails, cold beer & a selection of wine from a locally curated wine list. The Griffith Leagues Club also offers free local live entertainment every weekend and excellent facilities & amenities.