ProTen currently have a number of opportunities for Farm Managers, Assistant Farm Managers, and Trainee Farm Managers to join their Griffith team in NSW as well as our branch in Victoria, on a full-time basis. ProTen presents this opportunity for individuals who want to pursue a rewarding career, and also has opportunities for candidates who want to become a leader. ProTen is committed to the candidate’s success and offers support and leadership training as part of this role.
Farm Managers will be responsible for managing the day to day operations within cutting edge, tunnel ventilated broiler bird farms, providing strong leadership and management to a small team of approximately six to eight staff, in order to ensure cost effective and efficient bird production.
As the Farm Manager, your main duties will include (but not limited to):
• Managing staff in order to enhance farm performance and cost effectiveness;
• Resolving staff conflict and disagreements;
• Liaising with producer company representatives, ensuring positive working relationships are maintained;
• Using different shed management techniques in order to find optimum bird growing requirements;
• Maintaining a high level of farm presentation at all times; and
• Ensuring bio-security, health and safety, environmental and animal welfare procedures are adhered to at all times.
To be considered for the farm manager position, you’ll need to have at least two years’ experience in managing the operations of a broiler and/or breeder farm. You’ll be a strong leader, with experience managing staff and a dedication to ensuring you achieve a high level of quality in the operations you manage.
You'll be offered a highly attractive remuneration salary of $73,000 - $93,000 per annum based on skills, experience and farm size, including,
• Generous performance-based incentives
• Superannuation Fund
• Accommodation (3-4 bedroom company house)
• Utility Cost (water, electricity and gas)
About ProTenProTen is a leading broiler chicken farm developer and operator in Australia. ProTen owns and operates a total of 268 poultry sheds across 16 broiler farms strategically located in New South Wales and Western Australia. ProTen's existing Farms have the capacity to produce up to 68 million broiler chickens per year. This represents approximately 11% of Australia's annual broiler chicken production. ProTen is always on the lookout for talent to join our team. Whether your interests are in corporate, operations, farms or as a trainee, there are fantastic opportunities available. Our driver is to be the best at what we do and we at ProTen know that the only way to achieve this is through our people. Once you join our team, we invest in you. We provide extensive training programs. We look forward to supporting you on your journey with us.