Excellent Opportunity for Career Progression
Chandler Macleod are currently recruiting Maintenance Fitters for our client, a leading poultry producer in Hanwood.
Based on site in Hanwood on a 12-hour rotating roster, this position is primarily responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance to plant machinery and equipment in line with company & WHS standards, while ensuring minimal interruptions to plant operations and systems.
- Trades qualification with experience in maintenance of manufacturing equipment (welding highly desirable)
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make quick fault diagnoses and rectify issues correctly and efficiently to minimise down time and to implement preventative actions
- Knowledge and commitment to work to Quality Systems, WHS and EMS procedures and an understanding of how day to day activities could impact on the environment
- Ability to set up plant machinery and equipment to achieve efficiency targets set for the plant machinery and equipment operation
- Ability to use hard copy and computer-based maintenance schedules on a weekly, daily and hourly basis and accompanying organisational skills
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Flexibility of working hours
- Team player
- Experience working with and maintaining pneumatic or hydraulic systems highly regarded
If this sounds like you, please click the 'Apply' button today!
For further information, please contact our Griffith team on (02) 6762 9055.
About Chandler MacleodChandler Macleod has been unleashing the potential of Australian workers for over 60 years. We are a large recruitment organisation with 1,000 internal employees and over 10,000 external employees working for us at our client sites. Our clients are some of Australia's largest and most iconic companies, and we have offices right across Australia so we can offer our candidates access to the best jobs on offer and find the position and client site that's the best fit for them. We focus our business across a range of industries including National, State & Local Governments, Mining, Resources & Utilities, Manufacturing, FMCG, Logistics, Supply Chain, Construction & Banking, covering many role types within those industries. Although we place candidates into professional and specialist roles, a large portion of our external workforce is within blue collar roles, such as: - Process Workers - Pick packers - Forklift drivers - Plant Operators - Trades & Skilled labour